Canopy of Lights
TIME + LOCATION
ABOUT THE EVENT
Several events will be held in the downtown area during the Canopy of Lights celebration as the event serves as an official kick-off to the holiday season in Bloomington.
- 5pm-9pm - Monroe County History Center Open House
- 5:30pm & 8 pm Admission- Bloomington Symphony Orchestra live at Buskirk Chumley Theater
- 6 PM -7PM Enjoy the Bloomington Brass Band outside on the south side of the square with costume characters
- 6 PM - Stay warm inside Fountain Square Mall with the Bloomington Chamber Singers on the stairs and Music Makers by Stefano's Cafe. Bundling Bloomington's Kids Coat Drive, Salvation Army Angel Tree in Fountain Square Lobby.
- 6 PM - Carolers throughout the downtown
- 6PM - Vendors with Hot chocolate, Cookies, Kettle Corn
- 6 PM - Monroe County Courthouse 40' Christmas Tree with songs by Bloomington Peace Chior
- 7 PM - Downtown Lighting Ceremony, Southside of Monroe Courthouse Square. Welcome by Monroe County Commissioner Dr. Julie Thomas and Lee Jones,IU Health Hospice Representitive remarks. Cardinal Stage characters will perform songs from this year's holiday performance, Disney's "Newsies". City of Bloomington Mayor John Hamilton will lead a community sing-along to help with Santa Claus's arrival to light the Canopy of Lights and IU Health Hospice Tree.
- Photos and visits with Santa will immediately follow at Fountain Square Mall.
***Free parking throuought the downtown compliments of the City of Bloomington.***